Easy Salted Honey Iced Coffee [Made With a Keurig® Brewer]
We know you are intrigued by Starbucks® iced coffee concoctions. Us too, especially the salted honey iced latte! But, like you, we don’t want to risk spending $4.00 on a drink we hate. Luckily, most of these specialty coffees can be made at home. Even better, you can whip them up in a few minutes with your Keurig® brewer. In this article, we will teach you how to make a salted honey iced latte at home using your Keurig® coffee maker. You probably already have the ingredients on hand, and the cost is minimal! This recipe uses a K-Cafe® brewer, which comes with an attached milk frother and “shot” setting. We have included tips on how to adapt this recipe to work with standard Keurig® machines.
How to Make Salted Honey Iced Latte With a Keurig® Brewer
- 1 cup milk
- 1 dark roast K-Cup® coffee
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Dash of large grain salt
*Tip: try using Starbucks® Cafe Verona K-Cup® coffee for a genuine taste!
- Fill a large cup with ice. Be sure to choose a cup designed for iced coffee. A standard glass may break from the heat.
- Brew your K-Cup® pod over the ice using the “shot” setting.
- Froth the milk using the latte fill line.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes if desired.
- Pour the frothed milk into the mug. Use a spoon to hold back the foam as you pour. Then scoop the foam on top of your coffee.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Sprinkle salt on top of the latte.
If you are using a standard Keurig® brewer follow the same steps but use one of the following methods to froth the milk:
- Pour it into a jar with the lid on and shake vigorously.
- Use a blender.
- Use a frothing wand.
- Use a detached frother.
Also, you will need to choose the lowest water setting in lieu of the “shot” feature. We are certain you will enjoy the delicious combination of salty and sweet, a perfect indulgence for a hot summer afternoon!
You may also like: